Director of Extended Business Office (Healthcare Management)
About Healthcare Management:
Healthcare Management (HCM) is a unique entity, being owned and directed by 21 healthcare provider organizations on the Western Slope of the Rocky Mountains. Based in beautiful Grand Junction, Colorado, HCM partners with its clients to create customized revenue cycle management solutions to suit their individual billing and collection needs.
About the Director of Extended Business Office Position:
The AR Services (ARS) division of HCM is experiencing a substantial increase in its self-pay billing, medical financing and payment plan management functions. As a result of the increasing demand for full EBO services, ARS will be expanding its business model to encompass full EBO services. This new position will have administrative responsibility and accountability for the management and direction of the current operational and personnel functions within ARS, as well as the development of the expanded EBO services.
This expanded EBO service will be responsible for all the billing activities for our clients, including self-pay billing, governmental payors billing, third party insurance billing, managed care billing, and any other special billing areas as needed.
We are looking for an energetic, experienced person who can provide direction and leadership for the development of the ARS service expansion to EBO services. This position will have a great deal of autonomy and responsibility to create a world-class EBO service.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Master’s degree preferred. Proven experience considered.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in healthcare billing field.
- Experience in cost-based reimbursement billing procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize various healthcare technology solutions in the business office setting.
- Proven knowledge of various reimbursement and billing formularies.
- Advanced level of proficiency in understanding of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to billing and revenue cycle management.
- Proven skills in personnel management by the ability to plan, organize and manage staff.