Western Healthcare Alliance Elects New Board of Directors
Collaborating to Improve Rural Healthcare
Grand Junction, CO, May 11, 2020 – Western Healthcare Alliance (WHA) is excited to announce the appointment of its new eleven-member Board of Directors and slate of officers. Each board appointee is dedicated to ensuring rural healthcare remains sustainable in their communities and is dedicated to the collaborative nature of WHA.
Chris Thomas, President and Chief Executive Officer for Community Hospital in Grand Junction, CO will lead the board as the new Chair. Mr. Thomas has been in his current role with Community Hospital since 2008. He has worked in healthcare for over 20 years, holds a Master of Business Administration from the University of Iowa, and is a Fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives.
Jennifer Sadoff, Chief Executive Officer for Moab Regional Hospital in Moab, UT will serve as Vice Chair. Ms. Sadoff joined Moab Regional Hospital in 2012 and moved into the Chief Executive Officer role in 2015. She graduated from Colorado State University with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Art and Education.
Rounding out the officer slate as Secretary/Treasurer is Gary Campbell, Chief Executive Officer for St. Vincent General Hospital District in Leadville, CO. Mr. Campbell has been in his current role at St. Vincent since 2016. He has over 30 years leadership experience in emergency room, urgent care, critical care, hospital operations, nursing management, and healthcare administration.
“The newly elected WHA Board Members each possess what it takes to lead in our challenging healthcare environment,” said WHA CEO, Angelina Salazar. “They are committed to the healthcare needs of their communities, see opportunities in adversity, and value collaboration to create sustainable solutions. We look forward to their guidance as we continue to work together to improve rural healthcare in Colorado and eastern Utah.”
The remainder of the board is made up of the following appointees:
- Nico Brown, Senior Vice President, Business Development for Vail Health in Vail, CO
- Jim Coombs, Chief Executive Officer for Grand River Health in Rifle, CO
- Andrew Daniels, Chief Executive Officer for Memorial Regional Health in Craig, CO
- James Kiser, Chief Executive Officer for Montrose Memorial Hospital in Montrose, CO
- Robert Morasko, Chief Executive Officer for Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center in Salida, CO
- Dan Prinster, Vice President Business Development for St. Mary’s Medical Center in Grand Junction, CO
- David Ressler, Chief Executive Officer for Aspen Valley Hospital in Aspen, CO
- Anthony Sudduth, Chief Executive Officer for Southwest Health System in Cortez, CO
# # #
Western Healthcare Alliance (WHA) began in 1989 when a small group of rural Colorado hospitals decided that there was power in numbers. Today, WHA celebrates over 30 years of collaboration with 30 healthcare members in Colorado and Utah. A subset of WHA members own Healthcare Management (HCM), a sister company of WHA, that provides revenue cycle solutions to healthcare entities. In 2015, WHA formed the Community Care Alliance to provide a population health infrastructure for rural hospital and provider communities to learn and succeed in the new healthcare environment. Developing and managing a menu of member-owned and partner programs, WHA saves members money that helps them remain sustainable and viable in their communities.